Thursday 7 July 2011

La Belle Miette

30 Hardware Lane, Melbourne
Melbourne, 3000
www.labellemiette.com.au


Window Display
With a window display like this, how could I resist going in?

Macarons on Display
MACARONS! IN RAINBOW COLOURS!

Macarons ($2.5ea)

Chris and I nabbed 3 macarons to share - cherry blossom and sake, lemon, and caramel and sea salt ($2.5ea). The cherry blossom and sake unfortunately didn’t taste much of either, but the texture was perfect. The lemon macaron also had a perfect shape and texture, on top of a wonderful lemon flavour, though I would’ve preferred it to be more tart. As for the caramel and sea salt (the standard by which I judge all my macarons), it was surprisingly dense – maybe I just got a bad one? But the flavour was out of this world, and I loved how they used actual caramel in the middle.

I want more already.

Rating: 14/20 – RAINBOW COLOURS!


La Belle Miette on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Lindt has amazing macaroons, a box of six for around $12, or $2.50 each.

    ReplyDelete